Juventus is the first Italian football club and the 150th signatory of the UNFCCC Sports for Climate Action Framework. FIFA, UEFA and the IOC (International Olympic Committee) are already signatories, together with many other prominent sport teams all around the world.
UNFCCC Sports for Climate Action Framework brings together the global sports community to combat climate change by mapping a clear trajectory and setting standards for verifying emission reporting in line with the Paris Agreement.
The participants in this initiative commit to adhere to the following five principles:
• Undertake systematic efforts to promote greater environmental responsibility
• Reduce overall climate impact
• Educate for climate action
• Promote sustainable and responsible consumption
• Advocate for climate action through communication
(Photo Getty Images)