* Genoa are unbeaten in their last two Serie A TIM derbies against Sampdoria (W1 D1) and could avoid defeat in three in a row for the first time since November 2009 (W3).
* After the 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture, Genoa and Sampdoria could draw both matches in a Serie A TIM season for the first time since 1993/94 (1-1 in both games).
* Genoa’s last Serie A TIM home win against Sampdoria was back in May 2011 (a 2-1 defeat thanks to a 97th goal by Mauro Boselli), drawing two and losing six since.
* Genoa are unbeaten in their last six Serie A TIM home matches (W3 D3), their longest such run since December 2016, when they avoided defeat in each of Ivan Juric first eight home matches in charge of the club.
* Sampdoria have only scored three goals in their last five Serie A TIM games (W1 D1 L3): only Crotone (one) and Benevento (two) have scored fewer in this time.
* After a 1-0 defeat at the Olimpico against Lazio, Sampdoria could fail to score in successive Serie A TIM away matches for the first time since May 2018.
* Genoa’s Serie A TIM games have seen the fewest set-piece goals this season: 10 (two scored and eight conceded).
* Davide Ballardini is unbeaten in four Serie A TIM derbies against Sampdoria as a manager for Genoa (W2 D2): only Marco Giampaolo (six) has managed in more such derbies without a single defeat in the three points for a win era.
* Genoa’s Mattia Destro has scored four Serie A TIM goals against Sampdoria, most recently in September 2016 for Bologna.
* Fabio Quagliarella and Manolo Gabbiadini have scored three goals each in the Genoa Derby: only Adriano Bassetto (5), Giuseppe Baldini, Roberto Mancini and Diego Milito (4 each) have scored more in the competition.
(Photo Getty Images)