* AC Milan are the side against which Inter have drawn the most Serie A matches (56), whilst no other side have beaten the Rossoneri more often than Inter (67) – AC Milan have also conceded 247 top-flight goals against Inter, more than against any other side in the competition.
* After the 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture, Inter and AC Milan could draw both matches in a single Serie A campaign for the first time since 2016/17, when Stefano Pioli was Inter’s manager.
* Inter have lost only one of their last 11 Serie A meetings against AC Milan (2-1 in October 2020 thanks to a Zlatan Ibrahimovic brace in the opening 16 minutes): they have won six and drawn four in the process, in which only once have AC Milan kept the clean sheet.
* Since the 2020/21 campaign, Inter have lost four of their 60 Serie A games (W44 D12), with one against AC Milan in October 2020 – in the same period, the Nerazzurri have lost fewer than half the matches of any other side in the competition (Atalanta, nine).
* After their 0-0 draw against Juventus, AC Milan could fail to score in consecutive league games for the first time since February 2021 – they last drew successive league games in December 2020.
* Inter’s last Serie A home defeat was back in October 2020, against AC Milan, and are unbeaten in 28 home games since. This is their longest run at home without a defeat in the competition since the 46 matches between April 2008 and November 2010, ended by AC Milan (0-1 with Zlatan Ibrahimovic scoring in November 2010).
* Inter (53 goals) and AC Milan (47) have scored the most Serie A goals this season – furthermore, AC Milan (eight) and Inter (seven) are the two sides with the most goals after an open play sequence with 10+ passes.
* Edin Dzeko has been involved in six Serie A goals against AC Milan, all for AS Roma (five goals, one assist) – he has had a hand in five of these goals at the Meazza Stadium, including scoring a brace in the opening 28 minutes in May 2017.
* Hakan Calhanoglu was involved in 74 goals in 172 matches in all competitions for AC Milan – in this period, he was the AC Milan player to have scored (32) and assisted (42) the most goals. After the goal in the reverse fixture, AC Milan could become the third side against which he has scored in his first two Italian top-flight meetings (along with Chievo and Fiorentina).
* Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored eight Serie A goals in Milan Derbies (six for AC Milan, two for Inter) – only Giuseppe Meazza (12), Gunnar Nordahl (11) and Stefano Nyers (11) have scored more times in this fixture in the history of the competition.