* Napoli have won 12 of their last 16 games against Lazio in Serie A (D1 L3), as many as in their previous 34 matches against the Biancocelesti in the Italian top-flight (D9 L13).
* Napoli have won by scoring at least two goals in each of their last four Serie A home games against Lazio; they could register a longer such streak against the Biancocelesti for the first time in the competition.
* Following the defeat against Inter in the last league match, Napoli could lose two consecutive Serie A games for the first time since December 2020 - on that occasion the two teams that beat the Partenopei were Inter and Lazio.
* Napoli are unbeaten at home since January against Spezia; they have collected 13 wins and four draws since then – Napoli picked up five victories and one draw conceding only two goals and keeping four clean sheets in their first six home games in Serie A this season, only three times have the Partenopei conceded fewer goals in their first six home Serie A matches (0 both in 1957/58 and in 1983/84, 1 in 1971/72).
* Following the 0-2 defeat against Juventus, Lazio could lose two Serie A matches in a row for the first time since March. Indeed the last time the Biancocelesti lost two consecutive matches in the competition without scoring was back in January 2017 against Juventus and Chievo.
* Lazio have won only one of their last 10 Serie A away matches (D2 L7), conceding goals in each of those: the last time the Biancocelesti went on a longer such streak without keeping a clean sheet on the road in the competition was in January 2016 (run of 11 games).
* Despite the three goals conceded against Inter in the last league game, Napoli have conceded the fewest goals in the current Serie A season (7), a third of the goals conceded by Lazio (21) - the Partenopei have kept a clean sheet in eight games so far, four times more than Sarri's Lazio (2).
* Maurizio Sarri managed Napoli for 114 Serie A games, collecting 79 wins and 22 draws, while picking up 91 points in 2017/18, a record for the Partenopei in a single Serie A season. Indeed, against Napoli, Maurizio Sarri has collected two wins, a draw and a defeat in the Italian top-flight.
* Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne has scored seven goals in the Italian top-flight against Lazio, only against Fiorentina (9) does he have more in Serie A against one opponent. Each of those seven goals, as well as two assists, came in his last 10 matches against the Biancocelesti, while in his first five matches he had only provided one assist.
* After scoring a goal in his first eight Serie A appearances against Napoli, Ciro Immobile has found the net in each of his last six - only two players in the era of three points for a win have netted in at least seven consecutive games against a single opponent: Ibrahimovic v Cagliari (7) and Vieri v Perugia (8).