* Sampdoria lost their last Serie A TIM encounter against Genoa (1-2 in July), having gone unbeaten in the previous seven against them (W5 D2); the last time Sampdoria lost back-to-back top-flight games v Genoa was back in May 2011.
* Sampdoria lost their last home Derby against Genoa in Serie A TIM in July (1-2): only once have they consecutive home games v Genoa in the top-flight, between 1964 and 1965 (both by 0-1).
* Sampdoria have kept a clean sheet in five of their last seven Serie A TIM games against Genoa: as many as they managed in the previous 21 encounters; however, they conceded two goals in the last game (scored by Criscito and Lerager).
* Genoa have lost five of their last six games against Sampdoria in Serie A TIM (D1) played in the first half of the season, including the last such meeting (1-0), having won four of the previous five (L1).
* Sampdoria have won their last three Serie A TIM games: the last time they managed to win four matches in a row in the competition was back in March 2015, under Sinisa Mihajlovic.
* Three of the last seven Serie A TIM goals scored in meetings between Sampdoria and Genoa have been netted from the penalty spot; since 2018/19, this is the derby in Serie A TIM with the most goals scored from the penalty spot.
* Only Bologna (eight) have conceded more Serie A TIM goals than Genoa (seven) in the second half of games this season; also, no side has conceded more than Sampdoria (six goals) during the last 30 minutes of play in the competition.
* Fabio Quagliarella and Manolo Gabbiadini have both scored three goals in Serie A TIM with Sampdoria against Genoa: only two Sampdoria players have netted more in the history of this fixture in the competition (five Bassetto and four Mancini).
* Fabio Quagliarella has scored 41% of his goals in Serie A TIM (68/168) after his 34th birthday. Each of his four goals in Serie A TIM this season have been netted in the first half, after 10 of his previous 13 had been scored in the second half.
* Genoa’s Mattia Destro has scored four goals in nine Serie A TIM games against Sampdoria, including a brace, but none of them have come at the Luigi Ferraris.
Click HERE to see head-to-head records, the most interesting stats and past meetings drawn up by Netco Sports official stats supplier of Lega Serie A..
(Photo Getty Images)