* Atalanta have won three of their last five matches against Napoli in Serie A (D1 L1), as many wins as in their previous 12 matches against them; indeed, Atalanta could win back-to-back games against Napoli in the competition for the first time since 2016/17.
* Napoli have not lost a game against Atalanta in Serie A in the first half of a season since 2016 (0-1 courtesy of a goal by current Napoli striker, Andrea Petagna) – they have won three matches and drawn the other one since then.
* Napoli have conceded at least one goal in each of their last seven home games against Atalanta in Serie A (10 goals total), having kept a clean sheet in 18 of the previous 26 such games.
* Atalanta have kept a clean sheet in each of their last two matches in Serie A, last stringing together more consecutive shutouts in July 2020 (3), a run including a 2-0 victory against Napoli.
* Atalanta have won eight of their last nine matches on the road in Serie A (D1), including the last four in a row; they only won five consecutive away games once before in their top-flight history, back in July 2020.
* Napoli have won the most Serie A points at home this season (19, thanks to six wins and one draw) – on the other hand, Atalanta have earned the joint-most in away matches (19, level with AC Milan).
* Luciano Spalletti’s teams have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league matches against Atalanta; however, the current Napoli coach has only won one of these games against them in Serie A (D2 L1).
* Mario Pasalic is the first Atalanta midfielder to score at least seven goals in the first 15 games in a single Serie A season since Cristiano Doni, back in 2007/08 –the last one player to do better for the club after the first 16 such games was also Doni, back in 2001/02 (11 goals).
* Andrea Petagna has scored five goals in his five matches against Atalanta in Serie A, more than against any other side in the competition - the Napoli striker played 63 games and scored nine goals during two seasons for Atalanta.
* Duván Zapata made his Serie A debut with Napoli in September 2013, playing 37 games and scoring 11 goals total in Serie A with them; the Colombian player has been involved in five goals in his last five matches against his former side in the competition, courtesy of three goals and two assists.